Yes we provide installation services to the Central Coast, Newcaste and Hunter Valley areas. We install all floors including click lock floating floors, floating tongue and groove floors, solid pre finished hardwood flooring and solid hardwood flooring including sanding and finishing works. Depending on the type of floor varies the installation method including secret nailing and gluing solid hardwood flooring.
Correcting uneven subfloors is a common practice in the floor installation process. Before you can even consider installing timber, laminate or other flooring, you need an even subfloor.
It may not look like the case, but often you might pull away your old carpet to discover the floor is uneven and bumpy.
The approach you ultimately take depends on how uneven and unlevel your subfloors are. Mildly uneven subfloors can easily be worked around, whereas severely uneven floors could require significant work prior to installation.
There are 3 main ways to level an uneven subfloor:
- Self-Leveling Compound
One common option is using self-leveling compounds. This compound can potentially be used on a concrete slab or a wood subfloor, and can be effective with any dips in the floor..
A second option is installing a plywood above the original subfloor to create a new smooth surface. If there are large variations in the level of the floor, you can find plywood of different thicknesses and install them accordingly, so that the different areas meet at the same level.To install the plywood, nail the plywood into the subfloor below for stability. If you are installing above concrete, you must use bolts that can enter the concrete surface.
- Grinding & Sanding
A third option is to grind down any humps on the floor. You can use a floor grinder to level concrete floors and you can use a floor sander to sand the surfaces of wooden subfloors.It’s also wise to have a professional on-site inspection before any flooring installation wherel they are able to see and assess the actual sub-floor situation.
At Woodland Flooring, we provide free no-obligation quotations where we will send a member of our team to your house to conduct an inspection.
1. We respect your privacy
- 1.1 Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- 1.2 “Personal Information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of Personal Information
- 2.1 Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided us directly or given to us in other forms.
- 2.2 You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/ or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- 2.3 Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. Use of your personal information
- 4.1 Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- 4.2 Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- 5.1 We may dislose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- 5.2 We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- 5.3 We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Woodland Floorign Pty Ltd, www.woodlandflooring.com.au, its customers or third parties.
- 5.4 Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia
- 5.5 If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of your Personal Information
- 6.1 Woodland Flooring is committed to ensuring that the information you provide us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Access to your personal information
- 7.1 You may request details of personal information we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7.2 We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
8. Complaints about privacy
- 8.1 If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to email details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- 10.1 When you visit our website
When you come to our website (www.woodlandflooring.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site etc etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- 10.2 Cookies
- 10.3 Third Party Sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personable identifiable information.
1. Processing Your Order
- An email confirmation is set to your e-mail address after placing your order. Please keep this email as proof of your purchase.
2. Shipment Processing Time
- Processing time refers to the time it takes for us to prepare your order for shipping.
After your payment is authorised and verified, all orders are processed within 2 days. We will contact you for some reason if there are any delays.
However, some orders may ship within as few as 2 days and some may take up to 5 days.
3. Shipment Locations
- 3.1 Domestic and International
Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd ships domestically as well as internationally. If you have a question about domestic or international deliveries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3.2 Shipping Restrictions
Our company does ship to both commercial and domestic addresses.
4. Shipment rates and delivery estimates
- We endeavour to get your order to you as soon as possible. Once your order is placed, an estimated delivery time will be provided to you. Delivery times are estimates and commence from the date of shipment, rather than the date of order. Delivery times are to be used as a guide only and are subject to the acceptance and approval of your order. Estimated dates are not guaranteed. Weather delays and other unforeseen circumstances may impact delivery times. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we make every effort to fulfil your order.
- (a) Express Shipping
The order will arrive within 1-2 business days. Express shipping costs varies
- (b) Standard Shipping
The order will arrive within 1-5 business days. Standard shipping costs varies
Note: Subject to placing your order before specified cut-off times.Please note:
- a) Business day means Monday to Friday, except holidays.
- b) Date of delivery may vary due to the carrier shipping practices, delivery location, method of delivery, and the items ordered.
- c) When placing your order, we consider these factors when calculating the estimated delivery date:
- i. Weight factor: Shipping costs are based on the weight of your order and the delivery method. To find out how much your order will cost, simply add the items you would like to purchase to your cart, and proceed to the checkout page. Once at the checkout screen, shipping charges will be displayed.
- d) We will not be responsible for wrong shipping addresses, if you provide incorrect information.
- e) In-store pickup dates vary based on product availability.
- (a) Express Shipping
5. Tracking Options
Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd aims to provide visibility and transparency throughout the shipment process. Once your order is confirmed and shipped you will receive a link to track your package.
- 5.1 Domestic and International
All orders delivered within Australia automatically have tracking.International orders are sent with TNT International Express. This service comes with tracking and your tracking number will be sent to you once it has been posted. If we are requested to make alternative shipping arrangements we cannot guarantee tracking and will not be responsible for the delivery of orders sent internationally.
6. International, Customs, Duties and Taxes
All orders shipping to a destination outside of Australia are subject to the import duties, fees and taxes of the destination country. Delays in delivery may occur if your package is randomly selected by our country’s Customs Department.
Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd is not responsible for any possible customs and taxes applied to your order. We have no control over the process or additional charges associated with the delivery and importation of your order (package) into your Country. We do not benefit in any way from these charges and we work very closely with our brokers and carriers to ensure as few delays as possible. All fees imposed during or after shipping are the responsibility of the customer. You agree that you are responsible for any duty, taxes and custom requirements or other like taxes, fees, levies, costs or expenses associated with importing products you purchase from us and shipping them internationally.
If there is any damage to the packaging on delivery, contact us immediately on 0415 928 779.
8. Missing or Lost Package
There are several reasons why a package gets lost or becomes a deliver exception. We have found that, more often than not, the package is either in the building or with a neighbour. Woodland Flooring Pty Ltd politely requests that customers look in common courier hiding spots. If you haven’t located your order, please contact us at 0415 928 779 to report missing or lost packages.
If you have any questions about the delivery and shipment of your order, please see our FAQ page or contact us at 0415 928 779
1. Payment Models
We offer two different payment models
- 1.1 On-site – When a customer wishes to purchase products directly from the Woodland Flooring website, good must be paid in full at the time of purchase. This is completed using one of our online payment methods.
- 1.2 Off site – Customers that purchase from Woodland Flooring direct (not through the online store) can pay via direct debit or credit card. Payment must be paid in full before we ship the products.
2. Payment Failure – The customer understands that if a payment is not made in full, products will not be shipped to their nominated address.
3. Cancellation – Customers may cancel an order by emailing email@example.com or calling 0415 928 779 to request a cancellation. Please note cancellations can only occur before and order is shipped.
- 1.1 We offer refunds and replacements in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and on the terms set out in this Refund Policy (“Policy”).
- 1.2 Any benefits set out in this policy may apply in addition to consumers rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- 1.3 Before making a purchase, please read this policy so that you can understand your rights and what you can expect from us if you are not satisfied with your order.
2 Australian Consumer Law
- 2.1 Under the Australian Consumer Law:
- a. Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- (i) To cancel your service contract with us and
- (ii) To a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for it’s reduced value
- b. You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund for any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
- a. Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- 2.2 We offer refunds, repairs and replacements in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law
- 2.3 The Australian Consumer Law provides a set of Consumer Guarantees which protect consumers when they buy products and services.
- 2.4 If the Australian Consumer Law applies, then we cannot avoid the Consumer Guarantees which it provides. If there is an inconsistency between this Policy and the Australian Consumer Law – the Australian Consumer Law will prevail.
- 2.5 Further information about the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
- 2.6 If a product or service which you purchased from us has a major failure (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law ) then you may be entitled to a replacement or refund. You may also be entitled to compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage resulting from that major failure.
3 Cancellation and Change of Mind
- 3.1 We do not offer any refund if you change your mind or find the same product or service cheaper elsewhere.
4 Products Damaged During Delivery
- 4.1 In the event that the product you ordered has been damaged during delivery:-
- (a) Please contact us as soon as possible
- (b) Any damaged product must be returned in the condition in which it was received, together with any packaging and other items which you received with the damaged product.
- 4.2 We will arrange to collect the damaged product and an email will be sent to notify you or the returned item. We will then replace the damaged product with an equivalent product, or to refund it, provided that you have contacted us within the following time frame from the date of receipt of the product: 30 days.
- 5.1 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Policy, we may refuse to provide a repair, replacement or refund for a product or service purchased by you if:
- (a) You misused the said product in a way which caused the problem.
- (b) You knew or were made aware of the problem(s) with the product or service before you purchased it
- (c) You asked for a service to be done in a certain manner, or you asked for alterations to the product, against our advice, or you were unclear about what you wanted
- (d) Any other exceptions under the Australian Consumer Law
6 Shipping Costs for Returns
- 6.1 In the event that a product you have purchased fails to meet one or more Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, we shall bear any cost of shipping the said product (the “Returned Product”) back to us, as well as the cost of any shipping and replacement product to you.
- 6.2 If the returned product can be easily shipped or returned, then you are responsible for organising for the Returned Product to be returned to us. If the Returned Product is eligible for repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy then we will re-imburse you for the reasonable postage, shipping or transportation costs for the Returned Product.
- 6.3 If the Returned Product is too large, too heavy, or otherwise too difficult to be removed and returned by you, and is believed to be eligible for repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy (including under the Australian Consumer Law), then we will organise for shipping transportation or collection of the Returned Product, at our cost.
- 6.4 In the event that we organise and pay for inspection, shipping transportation or collection of a Returned Product, and it turns out not to be eligible for repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy (including under the Australian Consumer Law), then you will be required to pay the costs of inspection, shipping transportation or collection of the Returned Product.
7 Response Time
- 7.1 We aim to process any requests for replacements or refunds within 5 days of receipt
8 How to Return Products
- 8.1 You can contact us at the end of this Policy to discuss a return using the information
- 8.2 Unless otherwise defined in our sole discretion, we shall pay all refunds in the same form as the original purchase or to the same account or credit card used to make the original purchase.
- 8.3 To be eligible for a refund or replacement you must provide proof of purchase
- 8.4 You may be required to provide a government issued identification to qualify for a refund or replacement.
9 Contact Us
- 9.1 If you wish to speak to us about this Policy or about any refund or replacement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Engineered Flooring
Engineered timber flooring is a real timber veneer fixed to a pine subbase, either ply or ladder form construction.
Engineered flooring has a real timber veneer up to 6mm on a pine base, this allows to get greater board width up to 240mm wide and can be laid as a floating floor or direct stuck over your existing sub floor.
Real timber flooring is solid hardwood through the whole thickness up to 19mm. Generally in an 85 or 130 wide board. Must be nailed and glued to the sub floor and can easily be sanded and finished throughout the life of the board.
We recommend keeping on top of maintenance of your floors including giving your floors a quick sweep every day and a proper vacuum once a week.
Other preventative measures include:
- Putting felt under furniture on chairs etc
- Use mats at entry points including front and back doors
- Shoes off where possible
The top part of engineered flooring is the timber veneer (real wood), middle and bottom layers are made from plywood or cross-laid planks, while the top layer comprises of a solid real sawn wood which is often prefinished and stained in factory settings.
It all depends on the thickness of the wear layer Engineered wood flooring that is 4mm and over is good for sanding and refinishing.
Hybrid flooring is being dubbed as the next generation in flooring technology. It is a revolutionary new product thanks to the limestone composite core board, which can withstand direct heat and extreme cold.
Hybrid Flooring gives you the look of hardwood while combining the best attributes of laminate and vinyl to create a rigid floating floor that is 100% waterproof and can be installed in any room in your house.
Hybrid Flooring is 100% waterproof (not just water resistant). That means you can have hybrid flooring installed in any room in your house, including your kitchen, laundry and even your bathroom.
Hybrid flooring has the look and feel of timber but is waterproof. The best of laminate, the best of vinyl. Multilayer Hybrid flooring is naturally waterproof, so it can be installed in wet areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and laundries where laminate flooring cannot be traditionally used.
Yes you can.
The majority of hybrid floors already have pre-attached underlay, so you don’t need to add an underlay.
You can install hybrid flooring over almost anything as long as the sub floor is flat. This means that you can definitely lay hybrid flooring over tiles, timber, or laminate, although you should keep in mind that hybrid floors are optimally installed where the floor is level.
No, hybrid flooring should not be steam mopped because that can cause the floorboards to peel or crack. Instead, you can use a vacuum or damp mop. This will ensure that the hard-top protective layer on all hybrid floors will continue to resist any moisture or dirt for the lifetime of your floors.
Laminate flooring is constructed of 4 layers; wear, design, core, and the back layer. Each layer serves a distinct purpose and are fused together using high heat and intense pressure. Below is a breakdown of these layers.
- Back Layer: bottom layer; responsible for protecting the plank against moisture and balances the floor.
- Core Layer: above the back layer; is a durable, high-density board that protects from indentations and moisture.
- Design Layer: above the core layer; has a high-resolution photograph of the floor’s surface appearance.
- Wear Layer: top layer; is a clear layer that is made of aluminium oxide that protects against fading, stains, and surface burns.
Laminate makes for an extremely durable product because of its multi-layer construction. While laminate flooring is fairly durable and meant to last for years, it can scratch under pressure.
Laminate’s durability allows for the absorption of heavy traffic, making it an ideal flooring choice for active families with kids and pets running around.
Waterproof laminate is flooring designed to keep moisture from soaking into the material, staining it or causing it to swell and buckle. We have several brands that offer a waterproof laminate, including the Eco Flooring Swish range – this flooring will withstand normal household spills up to 48 hours.
Solid Pre Finished Hardwood Flooring
Pre–finished solid timber is similar to hardwood flooring but differs in one major aspect. As opposed to hardwood timber, pre–finished timber is coated, treated, and sealed in a factory setting prior to installation. It is already cut to size with a groove and tongue that lock the pieces together for a solid fit.
You can walk on your new prefinished floor immediately.
With flooring that is finished on-site using oil-based polyurethane there is a wait time of a number of days before moving furniture back into the room.
Prefinished floors have fewer VOCs to affect your family’s health as the curing takes place in a factory, not in your living room.
No worries about dust with prefinished flooring.
Dust and errant hairs are the enemy of on-site floor finishing, often caught as the stain goes down. But these annoyances won’t have any effect on your new prefinished flooring.
Installation of prefinished flooring can be done in one session.
There’s no necessity of staying home to complete the various stages of an on-site finishing job—sanding, sealing, staining, applying polyurethane, as the prefinished flooring once installed is good to go.
Here are our tops tips for timber floor care
- Wiping up spills immediately
- Placing floor protectors on furniture feet
- Keeping pet’s nails trimmed
- Removing your shoes before walking on a timber floor.
Timber floors can benefit from a damp mopping on a fortnightly to monthly basis. This provides an effective deep clean and should be undertaken with a neutral PH wood floor cleaner or a product recommended by the finish manufacture.
As a general rule, NEVER use bleaches, harsh detergents, abrasive cleaners, turpentine, kerosene, steel wool or abrasive cloths on your wooden floors